Personally identifiable information or “PII” refers to information that is connected to your name and may include things such as your e-mail address, mailing address, or telephone number.
We collect PII when you voluntarily submit it to us. For example, you may choose to submit PII to us in a comment card, a sweepstakes entry, or if you participate in a contest, game, survey, loyalty program, or online forum.
We may also collect PII about you from reputable third parties.
In addition to PII, we may collect other information from you using the following technologies:
- Cookies. "Cookies" are small bits of information that the Red Robin website places on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the site to make your visits to our website more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit our website. If you've chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of our website may be lost. Certain other web pages that Grindstone Smokehouse produces, particularly those that require a login and password, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
- Flash Cookies (also called Local Shared Objects or "LSOs"). Flash cookies are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
- Web beacons or clear pixels. Web beacons are small graphic images on a Web page or in an e-mail that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements clicked on by users, or tracking the performance of e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Web server logs. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you the webpage. The Web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
- Geo-location technologies. Geo-location technology refers to technologies that permit us to determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide location information on our website, or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information. We may also automatically collect general location information from your web browser.
We participate in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
Our primary purpose in collecting information is to provide you with products, services, information, and advertisements that match your interests. We may also use information to conduct research and analysis, or to improve our websites, our products, or our services.
Grindstone Smokehouse may share your PII with companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with Grindstone Smokehouse).
There may be instances when Red Robin may disclose PII in order to protect the legal rights of Red Robin, other affiliated companies or their employees, agents and contractors; to protect the safety and security of visitors; to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or to comply with the law or legal process. In addition, if Red Robin sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, Red Robin may transfer your PII to a third party as part of that transaction.
We use reasonable measures to help prevent personal information from becoming disclosed to individuals who are not described in this policy. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
Access & Choice
Grindstone Smokehouse has implemented the following procedure that you may use to access, correct or delete your PII, or choose how your information is used.
- If you would like to know the types of information that Grindstone Smokehouse collects from visitors to its website, please email or write us at the addresses listed below under "Communication."
- If you would like to know whether Grindstone Smokehouse has collected PII about you please send us the activities that you participated in on our website that requested PII. After reviewing the relevant databases, we will confirm whether we have collected such information about you and provide a list of your PII that we have on file.
- If your PII is incorrect, you may correct the PII by sending a written request for correction to Grindstone Smokehouse's Privacy Officer at the address below. Your request must include (1) all of the incorrect PII that you wish to change, (2) the corrected PII, and (3) your signature authorizing such changes. Grindstone Smokehouse will then correct the PII in our database and send a written confirmation to you.
- Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. We will alter your experience based on these preferences.
If you have questions or concerns regarding our collection and use of your PII or any other privacy or security issue, please contact:
1609 N Wayne Rd
Westland, MI 48185
Attention: Privacy Officer
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves information about you we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
Effective as of November, 2015